About the Board on Judicial Affairs
The Board on Judicial Affairs (BJA) is a 15-person standing committee composed of Stanford faculty, staff and students (both graduate and undergraduate) that is charged with overseeing judicial affairs including adopting or modifying bylaws specifying policies and procedures, adopting and/or modifying the Student Conduct Penalty Code, and proposing amendments to the Student Judicial Charter of 1997.
The BJA consists of students jointly appointed by the Undergraduate Senate and the Graduate Student Council of the Associated Students of Stanford University, faculty appointed by the Senate of the Academic Council, and university staff approved by the Vice Provost for Student Affairs.
BJA Meeting Minutes
Please note that the practice of the BJA is to review and approve the minutes from each meeting at the subsequent meeting. Meeting notes are uploaded upon BJA approval.
2020–21 BJA Meeting Minutes
2021–22 BJA Meeting Minutes
Board Members, 2021–22 Academic Year
- Richard Ford, Law School
- Jennifer Schwartz Poehlmann, Chemistry
- Keith Schwarz, Computer Science*, Chair
- Ross Shachter, Management Science and Engineering*
- Kären Wigen, History
- David Cohen, Classics
- Anna Wang, Law School*
- Christopher Carter, Office of Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life*
- Elsa Gontrum, Bechtel International Center*
- Corey Lamb, Sociology (undergraduate)
- Glen Husman, Computer Science (undergraduate)*, Chair
- Jim Biernat Sr, Liberal Arts (graduate)
- Tiffany Saade, Political Science (undergraduate)
- Viktor Krapivin, Applied Physics (graduate)
- Kimberly Gonzalez-Zelaya, Undeclared (undergraduate)
* returning member